A2 > B1
You already have a reasonable knowledge of Dutch (lower-intermediate level / A2) and can easily have short conversations with neighbors, friends, and colleagues. You are ready for learning to speak more fluently and with a more extensive command of grammar and vocabulary.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Communicate with more ease and fluency with friends and family
- Have formal conversations with colleagues and, for example, meetings at work
- Read and understand longer texts
- Use different grammatical tenses to express yourself in a better way
- At the end of this course you will have a vocabulary of about 4,600 words.
Content of the course
The lessons are focus on active listening, speaking, and building vocabulary. We focus on Dutch customs, culture, unwritten rules in our society, the Dutch history and geography, common expressions, sayings, and work and daily life conversations. The thematic lessons of the Delft method (Tweede Ronde) are very suitable for 1-on-1 or 1-on-2 conversation training in which you apply the learned grammar immediately. Your vocabulary grows every lesson with about 50 words.
Intermediate level (B1)
The length of the course
Depending on your learning objectives and your availability, you can choose from:
- 30 sessions of 1 hour
- 40 sessions of 3 quarters of an hour
- 50 sessions of 30 minutes
- 1 to 2 students
Place of tutoring
- on location in Culemborg, individually or in a group of max. 2 students
- online (via Skype or Zoom), individually or 1-on-2
- blended learning
For newcomers, expats (also people living abroad), partners of Dutch citizens, professionals for whom the command of Dutch plays an important role, students, and any one who thrives in a small learning environment.
Depending on the frequency of your lessons and your availability, you will need a minimum of 4 hours for homework and self-study, additionally to the lesson hour.
You have time on your hands to do homework; writing and reading exercises are only discussed in class if you have questions about them. We also encourage you to come with daily life and work situations in which Dutch plays an important role.
- “Tweede Ronde”, Delftse methode, with 42 lessons. More information at: www.nt2.nl.
- websites with Dutch articles, videos, podcasts, etc.
- ICE tests for:
- Intake test
- Diagnostic test and final test
- Interim testing (halfway through the learning path) is highly recommended.
Taaltutor offers final tests from ICE, for which a sub-certificate is awarded for each test. These tests have been approved by the Ministry of Education. The tests we can offer are: Writing, Conversation, Speaking, Listening and Reading, at B1 level. If you want to take the formal test called Staatsexamen I, you can find more information on this website.
Ask for an offer by sending us an email to email@example.com.